Wednesday, January 22, 2014

INTRODUCING MYSELF


I am taking computers and new media after I saw a talk from a guy named Bret Victor. In his talk he talks about how the medium of computers has been handicapped by the desire to emulate the media that preceded it. He touches on a lot of topics that I thought were incredibly interesting and showed examples of real improved models of his along the way.

I am an avid gamer; I regularly play Civilization 5, Starbound, and a few others. Recently I have been playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Artemis Bridge Simulator, Company of Heroes 2, and Papers, Please.

I regularly watch VlogbrothersVsauce, and a bunch of other youtubers, as well as Star Trek: TNG on Netflix right now.

I am also reading the Song of Ice and Fire series, currently on A Feast for Crows, I'm at the part where the Lanisters kill Ned Stark's ghost and Dany discovers unobtanium, so no spoilers.

Glory to Arstotzka

No comments:

Post a Comment